I am a user researcher working with companies from all over the world. I plan, develop and lead user research and usability studies to gather deep consumer insights and create great user experiences.
If you’re working on a new or existing website or application, and you’d like my help to make it usable, useful, and desirable, then get in touch!
What does a user researcher do?
I cover all areas of the development lifecycle which includes discovery, conceptualisation, testing and implementation.
My full lifecycle involvement includes:
- Planning scopes of work within ‘Lean’, ‘Agile’ and ‘Waterfall’ contexts.
- Gathering insights by way of contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, interviews and observational studies.
- User research through remote user testing, card sorting, concept testing and in-person product usability evaluations.
- Facilitating workshops to analyse and synthesise research into meaningful product requirements, user journeys and personas.
- Designing and iterating interaction designs and prototypes.
- Supporting development teams throughout implementation, facilitating feature prioritization and creation of user scenarios.
- Measuring success, tracking feedback and conversion rate optimization. (more…)
My work covers a wide range of e-commerce, gaming, e-learning and finance across web, software, intranet, tablet and mobile devices. I specialise in the remote research and user experience design of enterprise applications.
Here are a few examples of my work a short case studies.
This area of my site is a work in progress so there will be more detail, more visuals and more projects coming soon!
Etsy remote user testingThis remote user testing project was completed in 2014 to assist Etsy.com gain further insight across their global user base. I served as a Remote User Research consultant with a particular focus on Etsy's Canadian and Australian markets.
PayPal Instalments UX DesignThe PayPal Instalments project was a particular highlight for me. As a UX Consultant, I worked closely with Product Management, Marketing, Content and Legal teams in order to ensure a fully compliant product offering.
GSK Intranet User ResearchThis user research project was completed during my time with The Team. Here, I served as a User Experience Research consultant on GSKs redesign of their pharmaceutical intranet. The particular research focus of this project was on their distributed workforce and nationwide Sales teams.
Deutsche Bank Trade FinanceIn 2012, I joined Deutsche Bank’s Global Transaction Bank User Experience team. Here, I was given the opportunity to lead several large-scale, multi-national projects. One of the largest, and indeed my first project with the bank was the redesign of their trade finance application.