I work with companies all over the world crafting great user experiences.
If you’re working on a new or existing website or application, and you’d like my help in making it usable, useful, and desirable, then get in touch and hire me.
Please… Call me Chris…
I’m a user experience (UX) designer and researcher. I’m passionate about creating engaging and meaningful experiences for real people.
My 10 years of experience spans agency and client-side teams across multiple domains. I’ve worked within finance leading UX design and research within Deutsche Bank‘s Global Transaction Bank and I’ve provided UX support to PayPal‘s credit team. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with Betfair on their exchange across mobile, tablet and desktop devices. Other clients include The UX Agency (working with Audi, McDonald’s and Razorfish), The Team (focusing on GlaxoSmithKline‘s intranet), Iris Digital (with clients including Shell, Cathedral City and Sony Ericsson), Transform (focusing upon the Argos checkout) and Xerox.
So what does a user experience designer do?
Simply put, I cover all areas of the development lifecycle which includes discovery, conceptualisation, testing and implementation.
My full UX lifecycle involvement includes:
- Planning scopes of work within ‘Agile’ and ‘Waterfall’ development contexts.
- Insight gathering through contextual inquiry methods, ethnographic research and observational studies.
- User research through remote user testing, card sorting, concept testing and in-person product usability evaluations.
- Facilitating workshops to analyse and synthesise research into meaningful product requirements, user journeys and personas.
- Designing and iterating interaction designs and prototypes.
- Supporting development teams throughout implementation, facilitating feature prioritization and creation of user scenarios.
- Measuring success, tracking feedback and conversion rate optimization.
For a list of the types of work I do, take a look at my freelance UX services.
And what about my work?
My work covers a wide range of e-commerce, gaming, e-learning and finance across web, software, intranet, tablet and mobile devices. I specialise in the remote research and user experience design of enterprise applications.
Here are a few examples of my work as short case studies.
- Deutsche Bank Trade Finance User Experience Redesign. A full-UX lifecycle project on Deutsche Bank’s award winning Trade Finance application.
- GSK Pharma Intranet User Research. A research focused project, primarily targeting GSKs distributed salesforce.
- PayPal Instalments User Experience Design. Concept development for PayPals latest credit product offering.
- More being added to this list soon!